Latest News

17 June 2015

DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Fetty Wap XXL Freshman 2015 – Profile & Freestyle



XXL_CV_6_2.indd
TRUTH: On Being A 2015 XXL Freshman: “I just feel blessed. A lot of people don’t get this opportunity. There are a lot of artists out here that didn’t get this opportunity. Honestly, I’m just proud that people actually rocking with Fetty Wap; supporting me to the point XXL picked me and decided to put me on the Freshman list.
I just really want to say thank you. I don’t really have any feelings; it’s a blessing and an opportunity. I went into the office and let XXL hear a couple of my songs. They let me take a couple of pictures with the sign and then we were on the road. When we came back my manager told me to get a couple of outfits ready for a photo shoot. I walked in here and it’s XXL.
I’m not that type of person. I’m real calm about everything. I just feel blessed. Now we’re going to keep making new music. I want to accomplish my family not ever having to work again. Once I finish that, I feel like I can accomplish everything. What it means to be a XXL Freshman to me is a good fan base, a good following, great music, leadership, humbleness and basically not giving up on yourself. Even if you weren’t going to make the Freshman list, in your heart you can still make it.
To be a XXL Freshman, to me, just means to work hard. This wasn’t ever my goal. My goal was to make sure my family ain’t have to work anymore. This is an accomplishment. I never pictured myself on the cover. I just started rapping. The other main reason is because everybody knows me because of “Trap Queen.” I got fans that know the rest of my music but for the most part that’s the only song everyone know. I didn’t think it was going to be like that. I just kept working hard for it. Now when people look up the accomplishments of Fetty Wap, fans are going to see he was a XXL Freshman.
My legacy is going to live with my kids. My music is going to live forever. I’m not scared. This is what I do. I make good music; can’t anybody take that from me. I never get worried about outside critics because I’m not going to be Kendrick Lamar or whomever else. If I had something to prove, I would be doing it for the wrong reasons. I prove everything to my parents already. This is what I’m doing. To my mother, to my friends, they know this is what I’m doing. I don’t have to prove nothing to nobody. If you want to prove something, you can come see me in the booth and we can see what’s up. I got kids. Myself don’t matter no more. I am a father, provider, leader; that’s who I am. Life went from trying to figure out how I’m going to do it to now I know I’m going to do it. I just can’t stop. I can’t fail. I already took my loss and I already was down so it ain’t nowhere to go but up. So I can’t let nothing else bring me down anymore.
Fetty Wap doesn’t exist in the booth. I got alter egos. Zoovier is the ego in the booth, he’s fancy. He the singer, he sings to you and puts the melodies together. Then you got Zoo Wap, he’s rapping. I don’t try to recreate none of my songs. I just try to make good music and have fun. I feel like I gave people the opportunity. This is the time to do what you do if you representing New Jersey. This is that time. People are watching. I feel like I made it a little easier for people. If they don’t catch on now, that ain’t my problem. I did what I had to do.” —Emmanuel Maduakolam

DOWNLOAD VIDEO – XXL Freshman 2015 – Fetty Wap Profile
DOWNLOAD VIDEO – XXL Freshman 2015 – Fetty Wap Freestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog